Saturday, October 25, 2008

Let the Countdown Begin!


I'm excited! In one week NaNoWriMo begins. I've decided that I won't be a participant, so why am I so thrilled? As the head teacher I made the executive decision that 13yog will drop all school subjects except Latin and Algebra while she participates in NaNoWriMo. She does much of her school work independently, and I know she is looking forward to a break from those subjects (spelling, poetry memorization and American History). I will miss doing Literary Lessons from The Lord of the Rings together, but I will make a confession. I am GIDDY over the fact that we get to ditch English for a WHOLE MONTH!!! I am talking The Price Is Right, jumping up and down, kiss Bob Barker kind of giddy. Since Bob Barker isn't around I guess I'll go lay one on Ken.

6 comments:

Imagitext said...

Well if you really don't like grammar that mutch.......

brenda said...

There was a fabulous plug for poetry memorization in the stake conference broadcast yesterday. It's almost a lost art. Way to go!

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

I noticed that too. It was a way to control your thoughts. They gave an example of those who survived prison camp because they had things memorized to go over in their mind, while those who didn't lost hope and died. My Dad memorized a lot of poetry. I wonder if he did it for that purpose.

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

Are you going to write a book too. Looks like Ken is well into it. I think he has writing talent.

Ii was glad you took your last post off because it made us worry about you. Although it would probably be good for some of us to worry more about you!

Love, Janeil

velvetelement said...

Thanks again for the halloween email. We made the bats and the girls had a lot of fun doing it!