- the ladies at park lunch asked me to come down for a head lice check today and they told me which of the children have lice.
- 10 yodd told me that one of those children played hide 'n seek in 6 yodd's covers and on top of 10 yo's bed last night
- their room is clean which meant we didn't have to shovel it out in order to get to their beds.
- Grandma S. offered the use of her washer and dryer next door in addition to my own.
- it is 74 degrees outside instead of 100 like it was a couple of days ago. It's a perfect day to run the dryer.
- 13 yodd's usual Monday appointment was delayed until tomorrow. I'll get to do laundry all day uninterrupted.
- the nearby country store reopened recently and that my younger children were willing to make a run for "mommy is stressed" food (a.k.a. chocolate and Combos).
- U-bake pizza exists and that it is what we normally eat for supper on Monday.
Monday, August 18, 2008
I am thankful that....
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Last summer it seemed like all I did was go to the doctor, go to the doctor, go to the doctor. This summer...I'm taking the teenager to the doctor, to the doctor, to the doctor. Aye carumba! In the space of two days this week I found myself in a waiting room three times. For someone who prided themselves for NOT going to the doctor, this has been humbling.
- 6 yodd has learned to ride a two wheeler!
- Grandma & Grandpa S. are here for the summer. Ah, lot's of cookies and lemonade
- the heating pad and I have been best friends for a couple of weeks - sore neck/upper back
- I'm decluttering the house...oh, wait...that's ongoing ;)
- due to decluttering, younger girls (6, 10) have had a clean bedroom for...drumroll...a record breaking four weeks!
- We ordered caterpillars for our butterfly habitat and they've emerged
- 13 yodd attended the midnight release party for Breaking Dawn at Borders so her Mom had an excuse to go LOL! She doesn't even plan to read the book.