Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Summer Vacation

Last summer it seemed like all I did was go to the doctor, go to the doctor, go to the doctor. This summer...I'm taking the teenager to the doctor, to the doctor, to the doctor. Aye carumba! In the space of two days this week I found myself in a waiting room three times. For someone who prided themselves for NOT going to the doctor, this has been humbling.

Other news:
  • 6 yodd has learned to ride a two wheeler!
  • Grandma & Grandpa S. are here for the summer. Ah, lot's of cookies and lemonade
  • the heating pad and I have been best friends for a couple of weeks - sore neck/upper back
  • I'm decluttering the house...oh, wait...that's ongoing ;)
  • due to decluttering, younger girls (6, 10) have had a clean bedroom for...drumroll...a record breaking four weeks!
  • We ordered caterpillars for our butterfly habitat and they've emerged
  • 13 yodd attended the midnight release party for Breaking Dawn at Borders so her Mom had an excuse to go LOL! She doesn't even plan to read the book.

4 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

Hope your neck is feeling better. How did you like Breaking Dawn?

Janeil

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

The neck is improving - thankfully. I thought might have to schedule another doctor's appointment.

I liked Breaking Dawn though it isn't my favorite in the series. It didn't have the same spark.

velvetelement said...

I hope there are no more hospital visits in the near future for you or anyone else in the family. I am going to start in on Breaking Dawn after I finish The Constant Princess.

brenda said...

I thought you were kidding when you invited us down for the Breaking Dawn party! It seems unlike you somehow.

Spoiler comment: I liked it but thought the outcomes were all a little too perfect.

Is everything okay, I hope? Hope everyone is feeling better!