Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Attitude Adjustment

Many moons ago, I was the mom of a public school child. And just like moms all over the country, I too looked forward to the first day of school.

Times have changed. Today I am a homeschool mom and have been for eight years. Like any other life style choice we make, there are pros and cons. This morning as some of those cons were rolling through my head, I decided to surf the net a bit. I was surprised and saddened to read how happy and relieved many moms are to be sending their children back to school. Even moms with very young children seem to be counting down the days until they can send their children away.

An attitude adjustment has taken place. My heart feels full as I realize what a blessing I have before me this morning. I have the privilege of being with my girls every day and witnessing their struggles and their triumphs.

How thankful I am that homeschool is a choice available to me and that my dear husband supports me and allows me this wonderful opportunity. And of course, I am very thankful for my sister who showed me the way.

4 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

My hat's off to you for doing this difficult job. I know I wouldn't have felt adequate for it.

Love,

Janeil

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neil said...

We went hiking with a physician friend and his family yesterday. He's wanting to get out of medicine, and be a bee keeper for a living so that he can work around his kids. I don't think very many people could swing that, but it's a cool thought. The farmers used to do that. But I don't think the kids hardly ever appreciate it. Hopefully yours will appreciate what you do at some point.

velvetelement said...

I don't know how you do it, I don't think I could. I miss the girls the few hours they are gone but I think we all look forward to it. The girls love having their school friends and teacher and I like having a little time to get things done while they are gone. It is great you and the girls like it though and it is able to work out for you, I agree with you that it is good people can choose what they want to do.