Friday, September 19, 2008

TGIF

Last week 10yo cheered when she realized it was Friday. "Woohoo! Two days off!" It is amazing to me how trashed I feel and how trashed the house looks by the time Friday rolls around. Today has been no different, BUT I also feel good because I know we accomplished a lot this week. Did we get everything done? Nope, but we got closer than we did last week.

Good happenings:
  • Oldest dd and her cute baby came for a visit. 13yodd proved that holding a baby is definitely more fun than doing Algebra.
  • 13 yo fulfilled an assignment with a creative twist "America"
  • 13 yo scored 100% on her first Algebra test!
  • 10 yo finished all of her schooling by 10 a.m. this morning. Aah!
  • 10 yo made brownies using a 1960's 4-H cookbook she found at Grandma's house.
  • 6 yo enjoyed pushing her niece around the neighborhood in a stroller even though it made me very nervous.
  • 6yo looks so cute with a tooth missing.

4 comments:

Imagitext said...

I'm 13 yo, Yo! Haha I get to do four algebra lessons a week because I am so good. Have you notessed that blobbing (oops blogging) has gone down?

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

Actually there have been quite a few blog posts this week (look at Dad's list). Maybe there are fewer comments being made?

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

I'd like to see a picture of the 6yo minus tooth.

congratulations to 13yo on the algebra test. But that's to be expected with a high IQ, right?

brenda said...

Way to focus on the positive! I find myself getting mad quite often lately--we can't seem to get in the groove of all the after school expectations. I'm going to make a job chart and try to transfer accountability onto the kids. We've just taken on too much this fall.