Sunday, June 1, 2008

Saturation Point

My schedule this past week:
  • Monday - spent the evening at in-laws, went to the grocery store on the way home to buy a snack for the next day's activity.
  • Tuesday - arranged rides and chauffeured preteen girls to church.
  • Wednesday - babysat granddaughter in the evening at her home.
  • Thursday - had the missionaries over for dinner.
  • Friday - (aaah! stayed home)
  • Saturday - chauffeured a group of older girls to church while DH chauffeured a younger group to a different church building at the same time, went grocery shopping before going to pick up younger group and bring them home.
  • Sunday - church, the last two hours I spent "locked" in a room with 2-3 year olds. Sweet kids but I come home feeling fried every week.
Every item on my list is Good. But, I have a problem. All of these good things has left me feeling washed up, burned out, saturated!!! Personally I don't enjoy being this busy, but what could I have done differently? I don't know.

The older I get the more I realize....I am not in charge of my life. I just pretty much do whatever is planned for me by other people.

3 comments:

brenda said...

Have you read that good, better, best article in the Ensign? I can't remember who gave it, but you'd like it.

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

Yep, you're a Mom and a wife and a nursery leader--all service oriented tasks. The challenge is to embrace the chance to serve. I think you're doing a great job.

janeil

sheryl said...

I feel that way sometimes. Usually after a really busy week, there is a day or two that is less demanding. I really appreciate those. I think you are amazing.