Sunday, June 8, 2008

Cough, Splutter, Choke!!!

"Forgive me, Father/Homeschool Principal, for I have sinned." I attended a small homeschool conference yesterday, and ... um ... well ..., I spent WAY too much $money$. Thank goodness it wasn't a big conference with numerous vendors or I might have spent even more. Eeek!

Now that I've confessed, I can say that I got some really cool stuff. I'm especially excited about Fix It! Grammar and Editing Made Easy with Classics by Pamela White. Four days a week you have students find and fix sentence errors in a cumulative story. Each story lasts an entire school year (33 weeks). This nonconsumable text is for approximately 5th grade through high school. And you know what made it an even better purchase? I used a $10 gift certificate/raffle prize to make it affordable. What a deal!

Fix It! Stories:
  • Tom Sawyer
  • Frog Prince, or Just Desserts
  • The Little Mermaid
  • The King and the Discommodious Pea
  • Sir Gawain and the Green Knight

5 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

Sounds like fun

brenda said...

I bet your blog would be a nice resource for other homeschoolers. I like how you have the curriculum on there.

Good job finishing the Odyssey!

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

The conference was fun! Of course, it's always fun to spend money as long as you don't keep a running total in your head. LOL!!!

Oh, I'm sad about finishing Homer's epic poems. Honestly, I think I'm having withdrawals. ;)

Ken said...

Hum, I don't seem to remember this confession. -The Principal

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

Hey Principal, I'll tell you what. I'll meet you later in the janitor's closet and make it up to you. ;)