Thursday, January 28, 2010

52 Books - Week Four

The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands
by
Dr. Laura

YES! I finally finished.  I'll admit that so far this has been the hardest book for me to finish.  Reading transcripts of Dr. Laura's call-in show made me angry. She came across as being quite judgmental and critical of the callers. Also, the book didn't seem to have a logical flow.  However, there is good information in the book.  I had to take the "don't throw the baby out with the bath water" attitude while reading.

An interesting note.  Having read Madame Bovary (1840's) just before this book, I disagree with Dr. Laura's argument that the lack of respect for husbands is the fault of the feminist movement.  There's nothing new under the sun.

2 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

I'm curious to know what it says. I'm sure I don't do a good job of it.

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

I hope to be finished reading it in a couple of days. I'll send it your way. :)