Tuesday, January 12, 2010

52 Books - Week Two


Steve and Teri Maxwell have been homeschooling for 23+ years.  In this book they discuss the benefits of switching to Christian textbooks after their first 12 years of schooling.   It was interesting to have a peek into how they run their very organized school.


 
Phew!(668 pages worth of "phew!")  I decided to read another book that has been sitting in my "to read" pile for ages.  Eldest is the second book in the Inheritance Series.  Since it had been several years since I read the first book, Eragon, I had a hard time remembering characters, places, etc.  Much of the book dealt with Eragon's further training as a Rider which was thankfully broken up by following a separate character.  The last 100 pages of the book were the most enjoyable as there was more action.

 
I'm linking to Amazon, since the Publishers Weekly Editorial Review there is much better than I can come up with.  My favorite chapter? "Priorities: Putting God First."

No comments: