Monday, December 28, 2009

52 Books in 2009?

Nope, I didn't make it.   I didn't even come close, but I'm glad I tried.  I read more books than I would have otherwise (approximately 18).  Many of those were read alouds (RA) which made reading them a slower process.

The most uniquely written book was The Dead Fathers Club.  I was proud of finishing Dracula.  Surprised at how much I enjoyed Dr. Jekyll and Mr. HydeThe Shack was my least favorite.  I know a lot of people love it but for me it was too far removed from my own beliefs.
  • Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
  • The Precious Present - Spencer Johnson
  • The Neverending Story - Michael Ende
  • Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (RA) - Brandon Mull
  • Stormbreaker (RA) - Anthony Horowitz
  • The Shack - William P. Young
  • Peter and the Starcatchers (RA) - Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson
  • Point Blank (RA) - Anthony Horowitz
  • Skeleton Key (RA) - Anthony Horowitz
  • The Lightening Thief (RA) - Rick Riordan
  • Eagle Strike - Anthony Horowitz
  • The Sea of Monsters (RA) - Rick Riordan
  • The Titan's Curse  (RA) - Rick Riordan
  • Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Robert Louis Stevenson
  • The Dead Fathers Club - Matt Haig
  • Dracula - Bram Stoker

2 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

How did you choose which books to read?

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

Most of the children's lit I hear about on The Well-Trained Mind Homeschool boards. I'm reading two series to the girls (Alex Rider and Percy Jackson and the Olympians), because I tend to like adventure stories. I call them "boy books."

I also try for classics. I guess I'm trying to join the great conversation.