Monday, March 16, 2009

It's official. I'm a Twit!

I've been hearing about Twitter for awhile and could not for the life of me figure out what people were talking about. Then one of my favorite homeschool authors announced that she had started twittering. I enjoy reading her blog, so I decided to check out this twitter phenomenon. After visiting Twitter I thought, "Oh, that's nice" and went about my business.

And then....I had a few times when friends wanted to chat with me on Gmail while I was busy with school. I figured how to use the busy signal on Gmail. It seemed fine until oldest dd told me the message other people see. For fun, I started putting a custom message with my busy symbol...cooking supper, crossword puzzle, homeschool hours, etc. It was fun and I realized that I was doing something similar to Twitter so why not give it a try.

DH said now we are hip. Nay, we're too old to be hip. We're officially twits.

Link - Twitter

3 comments:

brenda said...

How does it work. Are the messages in your side bar all twitter messages from you?

We REALLY enjoyed your girls. I hope they had fun.

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

On http://twitter.com there is a short video that explains how twitter works (red button in upper right corner).

At the top of my Twitter home page, there is text box with the question, "What are you doing?" In 140 characters or less you let others know what's going on with you at the moment.

The account settings allow you to add Twitter to your blog, etc.

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

BTW, my girls did have fun! Thank you for having them.