Thursday, January 1, 2009

52 Books in 52 Weeks

I've joined a "Book-a-Week in 2009" reading challenge (a.k.a 52 Books in 52 Weeks). I'm hoping it will motivate me to read some of the books I've amassed over the years. I want to join the great conversation.

I read Of Mice and Men today. One down and only 51 more to go.


Wanna join me?
  1. Read an average of a book a week - 52 books in 52 weeks
  2. Re-reading a book counts--as long as you first read it before 2009
  3. School related books don't count (unless you want them to)
  4. You can start reading on 1-1-09 at 00:00:01AM

6 comments:

Imagitext said...

You can borrow my books. (Just don't mess them up!)

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

Wow, that's quite a challenge. I read a couple of books at Brenda's you might like that are quick reads and thought provoking--Ella Enchanted (better than the movie) and Fairest, both by Gail Carson Levine. I'd recommend them for Rachel too.

Sweet Polly Purebred said...

Yes, it will definitely be a challenge for me.

Thanks for the recommendations. I haven't seen Ella Enchanted (movie), but I also heard the book is better.

brenda said...

Oh no, I'm already behind!

Imagitext said...

LYNN, LYNN, LYNN! People tell me to speak up but when I do it doesn't mater anyway.

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

It never dawns on me that my granddaughter has two names to be used in different places. And matter has 2 t's. But that doesn't matter either.