Monday, September 6, 2010

School

We started school last week.  I was going to wait until after Labor Day but... why not?  We did a light schedule so the younger girls would have time to play with their neighborhood friends.  Here's my take on the first week:

The first day was tough.  It was like trying to ride a bike with a rusty chain.  Lots of exertion without moving very far along. Add in some awful squeaking noises.  12yo - compliance with frustration and tears.  8yo - non-compliance with copious amounts of whining

Day 2 - It was like someone oiled the chain.  Not as much exertion needed.  Moved more easily.

Days 3&4 - Did someone put a new chain on the bicycle overnight?  School went smoothly and ended a couple of hours earlier (for the 12yo).

Day 5 - We're in the groove.



I love homeschooling....at the moment.  Ask me tomorrow and I might confess that at times I hate it.  Sometimes I experience both of these feelings all in one day.  Yeah, I'm the Bipolar Homescholar. ; )

This week we'll be adding more subjects and early morning seminary.

3 comments:

Eldon and Janeil Olsen said...

What a great analogy! I'm glad it got into gear. Is the eldest going to seminary again; she loved it last year.

aliasgg said...

Best wishes for another year of grand adventures punctuated by a few pitfalls. For what would life be without a few of those to test us! :)

Neil said...

Great picture. Those old crank-arms have seen better days.